Monday, June 24, 2013

This is me

Hi, Cobi here. At the left a recent picture of me, taken at a felting workshop.
I'm a mom to one daughter. Her boyfriend and her best girlfriend both call me mom too. I have an adorable one year old grand daughter. And a pussycat, who happens to have her birthday today. My daughter and family live with me.
I'm from the Netherlands, A small country in the west of Europe, I live rather close to the North Sea in an old town named Leiden.
I love anything textile/fabric/yarn/thread.
I knit, crochet, embroider, tat, make needle lace, love stumpwork and silk embroidery, free machine stitching, art quilting, scrumbling, dyeing, painting.
My favorite theme is nature.
Ferns, flowers, mushrooms and trees.
Right now I'm very busy with birds. I made the little painting of the blue tit (see below) for my mom's birthday. I painted the bird, the backgroundfabric is hand dyed, the coughed threads are knitting yarns, the leaves are cut from silk, painted and the edges burned. The flowers are silk flowers, bought as they are.

No comments: