Wednesday, July 3, 2013

page for Sue


 Susie's theme is "what I like to see". I had many idea's for this page. I love to see my family and pets. I love trees, fungy and flowers. I love chocolate and cherries. And what to think of books, knitting yarns and such.
Finally I decided to go for colors. I love my fabrics, either hand dyed or bought. I love embroidery.
Working abstract is something I'm still learning, but I'm getting the hang of it (at least, I think so). Here you see the lay-out, the base onto which I built the page. 
 I searched my sheer fabrics with the help of my kitty.
I picked some hand dyed cottons too. I started out with some blueish-greenish fabric and added colors to that. In the end I had to drop the initial fabric, but I'm happy with this combo.

I had a lot of fun with embellishing with various types of embroidery floss and beads.
But I don't think this is what Susie was expecting.

No comments: